Friday, August 10, 2007

day 14 - - more travel changes


Today, we got more information about travel. Since we knew we would not be leaving on the 11th, we started working on changing our tickets.

Flights out of Hanoi are very difficult, we found out.

We called China Airlines and they told us the soonest to leave would be the 26th. We talked them down to a waiting list for the 18th. An hour later, we got confirmed on the 18th.

We are also calling every day to see if a cancellation will show up for the 16th or 17th. We are not even looking at the 15th yet because the weekend is coming up and so far we do not have definite dates for government approval.

We all knew this was possible, but the thought of being away for another week is hard.

We thank God that there are no real commitments for Mommy and Daddy next week in the States.

After nap time, we went to find an Amerian B2 bomber that crashed in a nearby water area in 1972. It is almost completely submerged, but we saw it.

Very hot walking today. We are staying close by the air conditioning the rest of the day.

For those of you wondering about rain, there has not been much. But last night, we watched a great thunderstorm from our room. It lasted over 2 hours!

1 comment:

Joan Kite said...

Thanks for the photos. You guys look really happy and Chloe is just too cute. Praying for your safe and quick return. Love, Joan.